Friday, July 20, 2012

T.G.I.F


Friday night finally arrived! After a crazy week, Friday nights are probably my favourite. Basically it's the time where everything we've worked toward starts to be seen. All the hard work pays off on friday nights. Octane was amazing, i'm not sure exactly what it was about tonight, but I was blown away with it! There was so much gold in tonight! I spent the night not only with Octane, but continued with Amped, as you do. It was amazing fun.

Today I began to listen to a few of Christine Caine's messages. If you don't know who she is, you NEED to google her, because she's actually incredible. I'm blown away with her passion as well as her talent. Absolutely convicted to be a better person and she is possibly one of the best role models i've ever had, and i've known of her for a week. . . ha!

Today was one of those days where nothing happens the way you expected it to, but it still turned out absolutely incredibly! For starters, I started work at 4:30 as usual, however I didn't finish work until 12 as opposed to 10. I also planned on sleeping when I got home from work. That also didn't happen. I also planned on coming straight home after Octane, but that didn't happen either! But it was still an incredible day. I began to realise the amazing people that are in my life today and I think they're definitely the best people in the world, sorry, but if you don't know them, you've got no hope with amazing friends because I stole them all. I definitely learnt the importance of relationships today. Looking at the people in my life and realise that there is absolutely no way my life would be as fun, as eventful, as fruitful, as amazing as it is even right now as it would if I didn't have them. 

So, I got a phone call today from the bank and I was so excited, but my heart broke as soon as the lady said that I couldn't get a loan. You wouldn't even understand how much it hurt. I have been so excited for about a month to get a car, and then to find out that I then couldn't put me back into a slump of embarrassment and disappointment, but then I needed to get up on a stage in front of 9 kids and 6 leaders and tell them about how we need to trust and have faith in God. This was also about the point I went, 'well, I can't do anything about it now, I guess it is totally up to you', so we shall see how that goes!

So, when I was listening to beautiful Chris Caine, she was preaching and she finished her sermon with this poem which I thought was incredible;

A man fell in a pit and couldn't get out.
A SUBJECTIVE person came along and said:
"I FEEL for you down there!"
An OBJECTIVE person came along and said:
"It's logical that someone would fall down there."
A CHRISTIAN SCIENTIST came by and said:
"You only think you are in the pit."
A PHARISEE said:
"Only bad people would fall in a pit."
A MATHEMETICIAN
calculated HOW he fell in the pit.
A NEWS REPORTER
wanted the exclusive story on his pit.
A FUNDAMENTALIST said:
"You deserve your pit."
CONFUCIOUS said:
"If you would have listened to me, you would not have fallen into that pit."
BUDDHA said:
"Your pit is only a state of mind."
A REALIST said:
"That's a pit."
A SCIENTIST
calculated the pressure necessary (lbs./sq.in.) to get him out of the pit.
A GEOLOGIST
told him to appreciate the rock strata in the pit.
AN EVOLUTIONIST said:
"You are a rejected mutant destined to be removed from the evolutionary cycle."In other words, "He is going to die in the pit, so he can't produce any pit-falling offspring."
The COUNTY INSPECTOR asked:
if he had a permit to dig the pit.
A PROFESSOR
gave him a lecture on the elementary principles of the pit.
An EVASIVE person came along
and avoided the subject of pits all together.
A SELF-PITYING person came along and said:
"You haven't seen anything till you've seen my pit."
A CHARISMATIC said:
"Just confess that you are not in the pit!"
An OPTIMIST said:
"Things could be worse."
A PESSIMIST said:
"Things are going to get worse."
JESUS, seeing the man
took him by the hand and lifted him out of the pit.

I LOVE this so much, because it's so true. People are so quick to judge and point out the facts, but nobody looks at the need. I love that! What are we looking at in peoples lives that is leaving our friends, families, colleagues, peers etc. in the pit? What is it that we just need to shut the heck up about and help them out? Because isn't that our job? To love and help each other? Because our job is definitely NOT to judge people!

I was mind blown by this! And on that note, i'm going to leave you for my bed,
Goodnight
Kirsty x

P.S. I did offering at Octane tonight. It was awful, but I think i'll write all about that tomorrow if I remember.
x


No comments:

Post a Comment